New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2019 Come visit us at the upcoming New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (NYSGE) Annual Course, Table # 607. New York Marriott Marquis Hotel Times Square, New York NY – December 19th to 20th, 2019. About NYSGE...
North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition 2019 Come visit us at the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) Annual Meeting, Booth# 605 Sheraton Grand Chicago, Chicago IL October...
AUGS/IUGA Joint Scientific Meeting 2019 Come visit us at the American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS) and International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) , Booth #711 Music City Center, Nashville TN September 24th – 28th About AUGS/IUGA 2019 In 2019, the American...
Florida Gastroenterologic Society 2019 Come visit us the Florida Gastroenterologic Society (FGS) Annual Meeting, Booth #300 Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, Orlando FL September 13th – 15th, 2019 About FGS FGS strives to be the organization of choice for Florida...
Manometric Biofeedback Introducing a new concept in manometric biofeedback, mcompass® is the first ever portable, simple-to-use device that will integrate into the workflow of any practice and make testing a reality for a broad range of physicians. Portable, Easy and Affordable
- Cost-efficient solution for treating patients suffering with incontinence or chronic constipation
- Portable, wireless system eliminating the need for a cart and dedicated room
- Ability to view anal and rectal pressures simultaneously
- Contains visual biofeedback for patient participation
- Utilizes anorectal manometry for detailed results
- Runs four comprehensive tests for pelvic floor retraining
- Two or five-channel measurement catheter comprising of a central rectal balloon and a radial anal canal balloon
Fecal/urinary incontinence and chronic constipation are becoming too big to ignore. Manometric Biofeedback can be an option for both women and men suffering from these debilitating issues. Performing pelvic floor exercises can help strengthen the muscles under the uterus, bladder, and bowel to directly assist with bowel control and urinary leakage. Medspira has created the mcompass® manometric biofeedback system with not only hospitals, but also with private clinicians in mind. This affordable, portable, easy-to-use solution fits seamlessly into any office workflow. The mcompass® can give your patients an option to retrain their pelvic floor muscles without the need for more invasive treatments. For patients that do require more invasive procedures, pelvic floor retraining may help them maximize their potential to stay continent.
Tablet: Portable, wireless system weighs 3 lbs. Easy built-in WiFi for emailing of full digital encrypted results to appropriate specialists as needed. FOB: Contains five functional pressure transducers. Ready for use in just seconds after easy priming. Catheter: Two channel, air charged, high-performance, disposable catheter.
2020 MEDICARE NATIONAL AVERAGE REIMBURSEMENT
Payment examples assume a Manometric biofeedback treatment session lasting 45 minutes
CPT® CODE WITH DESCRIPTION
90912 – Biofeedback training, perineal muscles, anorectal or urethral sphincter, including electromyography (EMG) and/or manometry, when performed; initial 15 minutes of one-on-one physician or other qualified health care professional contact with the patient
+ 90913 – Biofeedback training, perineal muscles, anorectal or urethral sphincter, including EMG and/or manometry, when performed; each additional 15 minutes of one-on-one physician or other qualified health care professional contact with the patient (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)
Note: the symbol “+” represents a CPT “Add-on” code that must be billed with a primary service and never alone.
1. Physicians and Physical Therapists In-office (Medicare in-office claim):
- 90912 (1 unit): $82
- + 90913 (2 units): $66
- Total per each treatment session: $148*
- Total for Completed Biofeedback: $888**
2. Facility/Hospitals (two separate claims are submitted):
- Hospital 90912 (1 unit): $36
- Hospital + 90913 (2 units): $16
- APC Status Indicator “A” (Services Paid under Other Fee Schedule or Payment System)
- Physician 90912 (1 unit): $45
- Physician + 90913 (2 units): $51
- Total per each treatment session: $148*
- Total for Completed Biofeedback:$888**
*Source: Pivotal Reimbursement Consulting
**6 bi-weekly therapy sessions are recommended to complete manometric biofeedback treatment
Note: E/M CPT code (office visit) can be submitted separately, if considered by the provider as medically necessary.